Class/Course - Competitive Exams (Graduation Based)
Subject - Quantitative Aptitude
Total Number of Question/s - 5043
Just Exam provide question bank for Competitive Exams (Graduation Based) standard. Currently number of question's are 5043. We provide this data in all format (word, excel, pdf, sql, latex form with images) to institutes for conducting online test/ examinations. Here we are providing some demo contents. Interested person may contact us at email@example.com
1. Numbers - Quiz
1. The difference of the square of two consecutive odd integers is divisible by which of the following integers ?
2. ( 35423 + 7164 + 41720 ) - ( 317× 89 ) = ?
2. H.C.F and L.C.M of Numbers - Quiz
1. The maximum number of students among them 1001 pens and 910 pencils can be distributed in such a way that each students gets the same number of pens and same number of pencils is:
2. The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F.is 13 .The number of such pairs is :
3. Decimal and Fractions - Quiz
2. 40.83 × 1.02 × 1.2 = ?
4. Simplification - Quiz
1. is equal to:
2. In an office, 3/4 of the staff can neither type nor take shortened. However, 1/5th can type and 1/3 rd can take shortened. What part of the whole staff can do both?
5. Square Roots and Cube Roots - Quiz
d) none of these
2. simplifies to:
d) none of these
6. Average - Quiz
1. The average age of 36 students in a group is 14 years. When teacher`s age is included to it, the average increases by one. What is the reacher`s age in years?
d) Cannot be determined
2. Of the four numbers, the first is twice the second, the second is one-third of the third and the third is 5 times the fourth. The average of the numbers is 24.75. The largest of these numbers is :
d) None of these
7. Problem on Numbers - Quiz
1. A number consists of 3 digits whose sum is 10. The middle digit is equal to the sum of the other two and the number will be increased by 99 if its digits are reversed. The number is :
2. When the numerator of a fraction increases by, the fraction increased by 2/3. The denominator of the fraction is :
8. Problem on Ages - Quiz
1. The ratio of the present ages of two brothers is 1 : and years back, the ratio was 1 : 3. What will be the ratio of their ages after 5 years?
2. Eighteen years ago, a father was three times as old as his son. Now the father is ony twice as old as his son. Then the sum of the present ages of the son and the father is :
9. Surds and Indices - Quiz
1. is equal to:
2. If 2x × , then x is equal to:
10. Percentage - Quiz
1. Depreciation applicable to an equipment is 20%. The value of the equipment 3 years from now will be less by:
2. The price of oil is increased by 25%. If the expenditure is not allwed to increase, the ratio between the reduction in consumption and the original consumption is:
a) 1 : 3
b) 1 : 4
c) 1 : 5
d) 1 : 6
11. Profit and Loss - Quiz
1. A shopkeeper offers 2.5% discount on cash purchases. What cash amount would Rohan pay for a cycle, the marked price of which is Rs. 650?
a) Rs. 633.25
b) Rs. 633.75
c) Rs. 634
d) Rs. 635
2. Tarun got 30% concession on the labelled price of an article and sold it for Rs. 8750 with 25% profit on the price he bought. What was the labelled price?
a) Rs. 10,000
b) Rs. 12,000
c) Rs. 16,000
d) Data inadequate
12. Ratio and Proportion - Quiz
1. Rs. 366 are divided amogest A, B and C so that A may get 1/2 as much as B and C together, B may get 2/3 as much as A and C together, then the share of A is :
a) Rs. 122
b) Rs. 129.60
c) Rs. 146.60
d) Rs. 183
2. In a mixture of 60 litres, the ratio of milk and water is 2 : 1. If this ratio is to be 1 : 2, then the quantity of water to be further added is :
a) 20 litres
b) 30 litres
c) 40 litres
d) 60 litres
13. Partnership - Quiz
1. A, B and C enter into a partnership. A initially invests Rs. 25 lakhs and adds another Rs. 10 lakhs after one year. B initially invests Rs. 35 lakhs and withdraws Rs. 10 lakhs after 2 years and C invests Rs. 30 lakhs. In what ratio should the profit be divided at the end of 3 years ?
a) 10 : 10 : 9
b) 20 : 20 : 19
c) 20 : 19 : 18
d) None of these
2. In a business, A and C invested amounts in the ratio 2 : 1, whereas the ratio between amounts invested by A and B was 3 : 2. If Rs. 1,57,300 was their profit, how much amount did B receive ?
a) Rs. 24,200
b) Rs. 36,300
c) Rs. 48,400
d) Rs. 72,600
14. Chain Rule - Quiz
1. 10 men, working 6 hours a day can complete a work in 18 days. How many hours a day must 15 men work to complete the same work in 12 days?
2. 30 labourers, working 7 hours a day can finish a piece of work in 18 days. If the labourers work 6 hours a day, then the number of labourers to finish the same piece of work in 30 days, will be :
15. Time and Work - Quiz
1. A, B and C can complte a piece of work in 24, 6 and 12 days respectively. Working together, they will complete the same work in :
a) 1/24 day
b) 7/24 day
d) 4 days
2. 10 men can complete a piece of work in 15 days and 15 women can complete the same work in 12 days. If all the 10 men and 15 women work together, in how many days will the work get completed :
16. Pipes and Cistern - Quiz
1. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 15 hours and 20 hours respectively while a third pipe C can empty the full tank in 25 hours. All the three pipes are opened in the beginning. After 10 hours, C is closed. In how much time, will the tank be full ?
a) 12 hrs
b) 13 hrs
c) 16 hrs
d) 18 hrs
2. Bucket P has thrice the capacity as bucket Q. It takes 60 turns for bucket P to fill the empty drum. How many turns it will take for both the buckets P and Q having each turn together to fill the empty drum?
17. Time and Distance - Quiz
1. Starting from his house one day, a student walks at a speed of kmph and reaches his schhol 6 minutes late. Next day he increases his speed by 1 kmph and reaches the school 6 minutes early. How far is the school from his house ?
a) 1 km
d) 2 km
2. A is faster than B. A and B each ealk 24 km. The sum of their speeds is 7 Km / hr and the sum of times taken by them is 14 hours. Then, As speed is equal to :
a) 3 km / hr
b) 4 km /hr
c) 5 km / hr
d) 7 km / hr
18. Problems on Trains - Quiz
1. A train moves with a speed of 108 kmph. Its speed in metres per second is :
2. A train 125m long passes a man, running at 5 kmph in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is :
a) 45 km/hr
b) 50 km/hr
c) 54 km/hr
d) 55 km/hr
19. Boats and Streams - Quiz
1. A man can row kmph in still water and finds that it takes him thrice as much time to row up than as to row down the same distance in the river. The speed of the current is :
2. A man rows downstream 32 km and 14 km upstream. If he takes 6 hours to cover each distance, then the velocity (in kmph) of the current is :
20. Alligation or Mixture - Quiz
1. The cost of Type 1 rice is Rs. 15 per kg and Type 2 rice is Rs. 20 per kg. If both Type 1 and Tpe 2 are mixed in the ratio of 2 : 3, then the price per kg of the mixed variety of rice is :
a) Rs. 18
b) Rs. 18.50
c) Rs. 19
d) Rs. 19.50
2. In what ratio must tea at Rs. 62 per kg be mixed with tea at Rs. 72 per kg so that the mixture must be worth Rs. 64.50 per kg ?
a) 3 : 1
b) 3 : 2
c) 4 : 3
d) 5 : 3
21. Simple Interest - Quiz
1. In how much time would the simple interest on a certain sum be 0.125 times the principal at 10% per annum ?
b) 2 years
2. The price of a T.V. set worth Rs. 20,000 is to be paid in 20 instalments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6^ per annum, and the first instalment be paid at the time of purchase, then the value of the last instalment covering the interest as well will be :
a) Rs. 1050
b) Rs. 2050
c) Rs. 3000
d) None of these
22. Compound Interest - Quiz
1. What will be the compound interest on a sum of Rs. 25,000 after 3 years at the rate of 12 p.c.p.a. ?
a) Rs. 9000.30
b) Rs. 9720
c) Rs. 10123.20
d) Rs. 10483.20
2. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period (in years) is :
23. Logarithms - Quiz
1. If log (0.57) = , then the value of log 57 + log (0.57)3 + log √0.57 is :
2. is equal to :
24. Area - Quiz
1. Of the two square fields, the area of one is 1 hectare while the other one is broader by 1%. The difference in their areas is :
a) 100 m2
b) 101 m2
c) 200 m2
d) 201 m2
2. If the height of a triangle is decreased by 40% and its base is increased by 40%, what will be the effect on its area ?
a) No change
b) 8% decrease
c) 16% decrease
d) 16% increase
25. Volume and Surface Areas - Quiz
1. A large cube is formed from the material obtained by melting three smaller cubes of 3, 4 and 5 cm side. What is the ratio of the total surface areas of the smaller cubes and the large cube ?
a) 2 : 1
b) 3 : 2
c) 25 : 18
d) 3 : 20
2. The total surface area of a solid hemisphere of diameter 14 cm, is :
a) 308 cm2
b) 462 cm2
c) 1232 cm2
d) 1848 cm2
26. Races and Games of Skill - Quiz
1. A runs times as fast as B. If A given B a start of 80 m, how far must the winning post be so that A and B might reach it at the same time ?
a) 200 m
b) 300 m
c) 270 m
d) 160 m
2. In a 100 m race, A covers the distance in 36 seconds and B in 45 seconds. In this race A beats B by :
a) 20 m
b) 25 m
c) 22.5 m
d) 9 m
27. Calendar - Quiz
1. The last day of a century cannot be
2. What will be the day of the week on 15th August, 2010 ?
28. Clocks - Quiz
1. At what time between 5.30 and 6 will the hands of a clock be at right angles ?
a) min. past 5
b) min. past 5
c) 40 min. past 5
d) 45 min. past 5
2. How many times in a day, are the hands of a clock in straight line but opposite in direction ?
29. Stocks and Shares - Quiz
1. A man buys Rs. 50 shares in a company which pays 10% dividend. If the man gets 12.5% on his investment, at what price did he buy the shares ?
a) Rs. 37.50
b) Rs. 40
c) Rs. 48
d) Rs. 125.25
2. A man invests in a 16% stock at 128. The interest obtained by him is :
30. Permutations and Combinations - Quiz
1. In how many different ways can the letters of thw word AUCTION be arranged in such a way that the vowels always come together ?
2. How many words with or without meaning, can be formed by using all the letters of the word, DELHI, using each letter exactly once ?
31. Probability - Quiz
1. Three unbiased coins are tossed. What is the probability of getting at least 2 heads ?
2. A man and his wife appear in an interview for two vacancies in the same post. The probability of husbands selection is (1/7) and the probability of wifes selection is (1/5). What is the probability that only one of them is selected ?
32. True Discount - Quiz
1. The present worth of Rs. 1404 due in two equal half-yearly instalments at 8% per annum simple interest is :
a) Rs. 1325
b) Rs. 1300
c) Rs. 1350
d) Rs. 1500
2. If Rs. 10 be allowed as true discount on a bill of Rs. 110 due at the end of a certain time, then the discount allowed on the same sum due at the end of double the time is :
a) Rs. 20
b) Rs. 21.81
c) Rs. 22
d) Rs. 18.33
33. Banker's Discount - Quiz
1. The present worth of a certain sum due sometime hence is Rs. 1600 and the true discount is Rs. 160. The bankers gain is :
a) Rs. 20
b) Rs. 24
c) Rs. 16
d) Rs. 12
2. The bankers discount on a sum of money for years is Rs. 558 and the true discount on the same sum for 2 years is Rs. 600. The rate percent is :
34. Heights and Distances - Quiz
1. A maan on the top of a vertical observation tower observes a car moving at a uniform speed coming directly towards it, If it takes 12 minutes for the angle of depression to change from 300 to 450 , how soon after this will the car reach the observation tower ?
a) 14 min. 35 sec.
b) 15 min. 49 sec
c) 16 min. 23 sec
d) 18 min. 5 sec
2. From a point P on a level ground, the angle of elevation of the top of a tower is 300 . If the tower is 100 m high, the distance of point P from the foot of the tower is :
a) 149 m
b) 156 m
c) 173 m
d) 200 m
35. Odd Man Out and Series - Quiz
1. 3, 5, 7, 12, 17, 19
2. 105, 85, 60, 30, 0, - 45, - 90
36. Tabulation - Quiz
37. Bar Graphs - Quiz
38. Pie Charts - Quiz
39. Line Graphs - Quiz