Just Exam provide question bank for Graduation Based Exams standard. Currently number of question's are 5043. We provide this data in all format (word, excel, pdf, sql, latex form with images) to institutes for conducting online test/ examinations. Here we are providing some demo contents.
Interested person may contact us at email@example.com
1. The smallest number which when diminished by 7, is divisible by 12, 16, 18, 21 and 28 is:
c) 1022 d) 1032 2. Find the least number which when divided by 16,18,20 and 25 leaves 4 as remainder in each case , but when divided by 7 leaves no remainder .
c) 18002 d) 18004
and his answer was 1/4 by how much was his answer wrong?
c) 1/220 d) None of these 2. The number of girl in a class is 5 times the number of boys . Which of the following cannot be the total number of children in the class ?
c) 35 d) 42
1. Given √5 = 2.2361, √3 = 1.7321, then is equal to:
c) 1.9841 d) 2 2. A group of students decided to collect as many paise from each member of the group as is the number of members, If the total collection amounts to Rs. 59.29, the number of members in the group is:
c) 77 d) 87
1. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average become 25. The excluded number is :
c) 30 d) 35 2. 3 years ago, the average age of a family of 5 members was 17 years. A baby having been born, the average age of the family is the same today. The present age of the baby is
a) 1 year
c) 2 years d) 3 years
1. If the difference of two numbers is 3 and the difference of their squares is 39, then the larger number is :
c) 12 d) 13 2. Two different natural numbers are such that their product is less than their sum. One of the numbers must be :
c) 3 d) None of these
1. Sneha age is 1/6th of her fathers age. Snehs fathers age wi be twice of Vimas age after 10 years. If Vimas eight birthday was ceebrated two years before, then what is Snehs present age?
b) 24 years
c) 30 years d) None of these 2. If 6 years are subtracted from the present age of Gagan and the remainder is divided by 1, then the present age of his grandson Anup is obtained. If Anup is years younger to Madan whose age is years, then what is Gagans presenta ge?
a) 48 years
b) 60 years
c) 84 years d) 96 years
1. In an examination, 35% of the students passed and 455 failed. How many students appeared for the examination?
c) 845 d) 1300 2. If As height is 40% less than that of B, how much percent Bs height is more than that of A?
c) 60% d)
1. Saransh purchased 120 reams of paper at Rs. 80 per ream. He spent Rs. 280 on transportation, paid octroi at the rate of 40 pasie per ream and paid Rs. 72 to the coolie. If he wants to have a gain of 8%, what must be the selling price per ream?
a) Rs. 86
b) Rs. 87.48
c) Rs. 89 d) Rs. 90 2. List price of an articles at a showroom is Rs. 2000 and it is being sold at successive discounts of 20% and 10%. Its net selling price will be :
a) Rs. 1400
b) Rs. 1440
c) Rs. 1520 d) Rs. 1700
1. If 76 is divided into four parts propotional to 7, 5, 3, 4, then the smalles part is :
c) 16 d) 19 2. If x : y = 5 : 2, then (8x + 9y) : (8x + 2y) is :
a) 22 : 29
b) 26 : 61
c) 29 : 22 d) 61 : 26
1. Three partners A, B, C start a business. Twice As capital is equal to thrice Bs capital and Bs capital is four times Cs capital. Out of a total profit of Rs. 16,500 at the end of the year, Bs share is :
a) Rs. 4000
b) Rs. 6000
c) Rs. 7500 d) Rs. 6600 2. A and B started a partnership business investing some amount in the ratio of 3 : 5. C joined them after six months with an amount equal to that of B. In what proportion should the profit at the end of one year be distributed among A, B and C ?
a) 3 : 5 : 2
b) 3 : 5 : 5
c) 6 : 10 : 5 d) Data inadequate
1. A man completes 5/8 of a job in 10 days. At this rate, how many more days will it take him to finish the job?
c) 7 d) 2. In a camp, 95 men had provisions for 200 days. After 5 days, 30 men left the camp. For how many days will the remaining food last now?
c) d) None of these
1. A and B can together finish a work in 30 days. They worked together for 20 days and then B left. After another 20 days, A finished the remaining work. In how many days A alone can finish the job ?
c) 54 d) 60 2. A, B and C can do piece of work in 36, 54 and 72 days respectively. They started the work but A left 8 days before the completion of the work while B left 12 days before the completion. The number of days for which C worked is :
c) 12 d) 24
1. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill the tank in 36 minutes, then slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in :
a) 81 min
b) 108 min
c) 144 min d) 192 min 2. Three pipes A, B and C fill a tank from empty to full in 30 minutes, 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. When the tank is empty, all the three pipes are opened A, B and C discharge chemical solutions P, Q and R respectively. What is the proportion of solution R in the liquid in the tank after 3 minutes ?
c) 7/11 d) 8/11
1. A train running at 7/11 of its own speed reached a place in 22 hours. How much time could be saved if the train would have run at its own speed ?
a) 7 hours
b) 8 hours
c) 14 hours d) 16 hours 2. A can complete a journey in 10 hours. He travels first half of the journey at the rate iof 21 km / hr and second half at the rate of 24 km / hr. Find the total journey in Km.
a) 220 km
b) 224 km
c) 230 km d) 234 km
1. Two trains, each 100 m long, moving in opposite directions, cross each other in 8 seconds. If one is moving twice as fast the other, then the speed of the faster train is :
a) 30 km/hr
b) 45 km/hr
c) 60 km/hr d) 75 km/hr 2. A train 110 metres long is running with a speed of 60 kmph. In what time will it pass a man who is running at 6 kmph in the direction opposite to that in which the train is going ?
a) 5 sec
b) 6 sec
c) 7 sec d) 10 sec
1. A man rows downstream 32 km and 14 km upstream. If he takes 6 hours to cover each distance, then the velocity (in kmph) of the current is :
c) d) 2 2. A man takes twice as long to row a distance against the stream as to row the same distance in favour of the stream. The ratio of the speed of the boat (in still water) and the stream is :
a) 2 : 1
b) 3 : 1
c) 3 : 2 d) 4 : 3
1. One quality of wheat at Rs. 9.20 per kg is mixed another quality at a certain rate in the ratio 8 : 7. If the mixture so formed be worth Rs. 10 per kg, what is the rate per kg of the second quality of wheat ?
a) Rs. 10.30
b) Rs. 10.60
c) Rs. 10.80 d) Rs. 11 2. A merchant has 1000 kg of sugar, part of which he sells at 8% profit and the rest at 18% profit. He gains 14% on the whole. The quantity sold at 18% profit is :
a) 400 kg
b) 560 kg
c) 600 kg d) 640 kg
1. Rs. 800 becomes Rs. 956 in 3 years at a certain rate of simple interest. If the rate of interest is increased by 4%, what a mount will Rs. 800 becomes in 3 years ?
a) Rs. 1020.80
b) Rs. 1025
c) Rs. 1052 d) Data Inadequate 2. If the simple interest on a certain sum for 15 months at % per annum exceeds the simple interest on the same sum for 8 months at % per annum by Rs. 32.50, then the sum (in Rs.) is :
a) Rs. 3000
b) Rs. 3060
c) Rs. 3120 d) Rs. 3250
1. The simple interest on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 8% per annum is half the compound interest on Rs. 4000 for 2 years at 10% per annum. The sum placed on simple interest is :
a) Rs. 1550
b) Rs. 1650
c) Rs. 1750 d) Rs. 2000 2. If the compunde interest on a sum for 2 years at % per annum is Rs. 510, the simple interest on the same sum at the same rate for the same period of time is :
a) Rs. 400
b) Rs. 450
c) Rs. 460 d) Rs. 480
1. If the length of the diagonal of a square is 20 cm, then its perimeter must be :
a) 10√2 cm.
b) 40 cm
c) 40√ 2 cm d) 200 cm 2. If the area of a square with dise a is equal to the area of a triangle with base a, then the altitude of the triangle is :
c) 2a d) 4a
1. The volume of the greatest sphere that can be cut off from a cylindrical log of wood of base radius 1 cm and height 5 cm is :
c) 5π d) 20π/3 2. A hall is 15 m long and 12 m broad. If the sum of the areas of the floor and the ceiling is equal to the sum of areas of the four walls, the volume of the hall is :
c) 1200 d) 1800
1. In a game of 100 points, A can give B 20 points and C 28 points. Then, B can give C :
a) 8 points
b) 10 points
c) 14 points d) 40 points 2. In a 2300 m race A beats B by 22.5 m or 6 seconds. Bs time over the course is :
a) 86 sec
b) 80 sec
c) 76 sec d) None of these
1. The last day of a century cannot be
c) Tuesday d) Friday 2. On 6th March, 2005 Monday falls. What was the day of the week on 6th March, 2004 ?
c) Tuesday d) Wednesday
1. At what time between 7 and 8 o clock will the hands of a clock be in the same straight line but, not together ?
a) 5 min, past 7
b) min, past 7
c) min, past 7 d) min, past 7 2. At what time between 4 and 5 o clock will the hands of a watch point in opposite directions ?
a) 45 min, past 4
b) 40 min, past 4
c) min. past 4 d) min. past 4
1. By investing in % stock at 64, one earns Rs. 1500. The investment made is :
a) Rs. 5640
b) Rs. 5760
c) Rs. 7500 d) Rs. 9600 2. The income derived from a Rs. 100, 13% stock at Rs. 105, is :
a) Rs. 5
b) Rs. 8
c) Rs. 13 d) Rs. 18
1. In how many ways a committee, consisting of 5 men and 6 women can be formed from 8 men and 10 women ?
c) 11760 d) 86400 2. How many words with or without meaning, can be formed by using all the letters of the word, DELHI, using each letter exactly once ?
c) 60 d) 120
1. A bag contains 4 white, 5 red and 6 blue balls. Three balls are drawn at random from the bag. The probability that all of them are red is :
c) 2/91 d) 2/77 2. Tickets numbered 1 to 20 are mixed up and then a ticket is drawn at random. What is the probability that the ticket drawn bears a number which is a multiple of 3 ?
c) 2/5 d) 1/2
1. The true discount on Rs. 2562 due 4 months hence is Rs. 122. The rate percent is :
c) 15% d) 14% 2. A man purchased a cow for Rs. 3000 and sold it the same day for Rs. 3600, allowing the buyer a credit of 2 years. If the rate of interest be 10% per annum, then the man has a gain of :
c) 7.50% d) 10%
1. The bankers gain on a bill due 1 year hence at 12% per annum is Rs. 6. The true discount is :
a) Rs. 72
b) Rs. 36
c) Rs. 540 d) Rs. 50 2. The present worth of a sum due sometime hence is Rs. 576 and the bankers gain is Rs. 16 The true discount is :
a) Rs. 36
b) Rs. 72
c) Rs. 48 d) Rs. 96
1. The angle of elevation of the sun, when the length of the shadow of a tree is √ 3 times the height of the tree, is :
c) 600 d) 900 2. A maan on the top of a vertical observation tower observes a car moving at a uniform speed coming directly towards it, If it takes 12 minutes for the angle of depression to change from 300 to 450 , how soon after this will the car reach the observation tower ?
a) 14 min. 35 sec.
b) 15 min. 49 sec
c) 16 min. 23 sec d) 18 min. 5 sec