Class/Course - Competitive Exams (Graduation Based)
Subject - Quantitative Aptitude
Total Number of Question/s - 5043
Just Exam provide question bank for Competitive Exams (Graduation Based) standard. Currently number of question's are 5043. We provide this data in all format (word, excel, pdf, sql, latex form with images) to institutes for conducting online test/ examinations. Here we are providing some demo contents. Interested person may contact us at email@example.com
1. Numbers - Quiz
1. What will be remainder whem (6767 + 67 ) is divide by 68 ?
2. Which one of the following numbers is completely divisible by 99 ?
2. H.C.F and L.C.M of Numbers - Quiz
1. Three numbers are in the ratio of 3:4:5 and their L.C.M.is 2400.Their H.C.F. Is :
2. Three numbers are in the ratio 1:2: 3 and their H. C. F . Is 12 .The numbers are :
3. Decimal and Fractions - Quiz
1. The number 518,000,000 when expressed in scientific notataion , equals :
a) 51.8 × 106
b) 51.8 × 107
c) 5.18 × 108
d) 5.18 × 109
2. is aprroximately equal to :
4. Simplification - Quiz
1. A boy multiplied 423 by a number and obtained 65589 as his answer . If both the fives in the answer are wrong and all other figures are correct , the correct answer is :
2. If 2x + 3y = 31 , y -z = 4 and x +2z = 11 , then what is the value of x + y + z ?
5. Square Roots and Cube Roots - Quiz
6. Average - Quiz
1. The average age of 15 studetns of a class is 15 years. Out of these, the average age of 5 students is 14 years and that of the other 9 students is 16 years. The age of the 15th students is :
a) 11 years
b) 14 years
c) 15 years
2. The average age of 3 children in a family is 20% of the average age of the father and the eldest child. The total age of the mother and the youngest child is 39 years. If the father`s age is 26 years, what is the age of second child?
a) 15 years
b) 18 years
c) 20 years
d) Cannot be determined
7. Problem on Numbers - Quiz
1. In a pair of fractions, fractions A is twice the fraction B and the product of two fractions is 2/25 What is the value of fractions A?
d) Data inadequate
2. The sum of three numbers is 264. If the first number be twice the second and theird number be one-third of the first, then the second number is :
8. Problem on Ages - Quiz
1. Ayeshas father was 38 years of age when she was born whie her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages of her parents?
a) 2 years
b) 4 years
c) 6 years
d) 8 years
2. In 10 years, A wi be twice as od as B was 10 years ago. If A is now 9 years oder than B, the present age of B is:
a) 19 years
b) 29 years
c) 39 years
d) 49 years
9. Surds and Indices - Quiz
1. If ax = by = cz and b2 = ac, then y equalsto :
2. If 2x = 4y = 8z and , then the value of z is :
10. Percentage - Quiz
1. By how much percent is four-fifth of 70 lesser than five-seventh of 112?
2. Amits monthly income is 30% more than of Raunaq. Raunaqs monthly income is 20% less than that of Deepak. If the difference between the monthly incomes of Amit and Deepak is Rs. 800, what is the monthly income of Raunaq?
a) Rs. 12,000
b) Rs. 16,000
c) Rs. 20,000
d) Data inadequate
11. Profit and Loss - Quiz
1. A shopkeeper professes to sell his goods at cost price but uses a weight of 800 gm instead of kilogram weight. Thus, he makes a profit of :
d) None of these
2. Padam purchased 30 Kg of rice at the rate of Rs. 17.50 per Kg and another 30 Kg rice at a certain rate. He mixed the two and sold the entire quanity at the rate of Rs. 18.60 per Kg and made 20% overall profit. At what price per Kg did he purchase the lot of another 30 Kg rice?
a) Rs. 12.50
b) Rs. 13.50
c) Rs. 14.50
d) Rs. 15.50
12. Ratio and Proportion - Quiz
1. 60 Kg of an alloy A is mixed with 100 Kg of alloy B. If alloy A has lead and tin in the ratio 3 : 2 and alloy B has tin and copper in the ratio 1 : 4, then the amount of tin in the new alloy is :
a) 36 kg
b) 44 kg
c) 53 kg
d) 80 kg
2. An amount of Rs. 735 was divided between A, B and C. If each of them had received Rs. 25 less, their shares would have been in the ratio of 1 : 3 : 2. The money received by C was :
a) Rs. 195
b) Rs. 200
c) Rs. 225
d) Rs. 245
13. Partnership - Quiz
1. A and B start a business with investments of Rs. 5000 and Rs. 4500 respectively. After 4 months, A takes out half of his capital. After to more months, B takes out one third of his capital while C joins them with a capital of Rs. 7000. At the end of a year, they earn a profit of Rs. 5080. Find the share of each member in the profit.
a) A - Rs. 1400, B - Rs. 1900, C - Rs. 1780
b) A - Rs. 1600, B - Rs. 1800, C - Rs. 1680
c) A - Rs. 1800, B - Rs. 1500, C - Rs. 1780
d) A - Rs. 1680, B - Rs. 1600, C - Rs. 1800
2. A and B sart a business jointly. A invests Rs. 16,000 for 8 months and B remains in the business for 4 months. Out of total profit, B claims 2/7 of the profit. How much money was contributed by B ?
a) Rs. 10,500, Rs. 13,500, Rs. 16,500
b) Rs. 11,900
c) Rs. 12,800
d) Rs. 13,600
14. Chain Rule - Quiz
1. If a quarter kg of potato costs 60 paise, how many paise will 200 gm cost?
a) 48 pasie
b) 54 paise
c) 56 paise
d) 72 paise
2. If 7 spiders make 7 webs in 7 days, then 1 spider will make 1 web in how many days?
15. Time and Work - Quiz
1. 10 men can complete a piece of work in 15 days and 15 women can complete the same work in 12 days. If all the 10 men and 15 women work together, in how many days will the work get completed :
2. A and B can do a piece of work in 5 days; B and C can do it in 7 days; A and C can do it in 4 days. Who among these will take the least time if put to do it alone ?
d) Data unadequate
16. Pipes and Cistern - Quiz
1. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 15 minutes and 20 minutes respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but after 4 minutes, pipe A is turned off. What is the total time required to fill the tank ?
a) 10 min 20 sec
b) 1 min 45 sec
c) 12 min 30 sec
d) 14 min 40 sec
2. Three pipes A, B and C fill a tank from empty to full in 30 minutes, 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. When the tank is empty, all the three pipes are opened A, B and C discharge chemical solutions P, Q and R respectively. What is the proportion of solution R in the liquid in the tank after 3 minutes ?
17. Time and Distance - Quiz
1. A is faster than B. A and B each ealk 24 km. The sum of their speeds is 7 Km / hr and the sum of times taken by them is 14 hours. Then, As speed is equal to :
a) 3 km / hr
b) 4 km /hr
c) 5 km / hr
d) 7 km / hr
2. A train M leaves Meerut at 5 a.m. and reaches Delhi at 9 a.m. Another train leaves Delhi at 7 a.m. reaches Meerut at 10.30 a.m. At what time do the two trains cross each other ?
a) 7.36 a.m.
b) 7.56 a.m.
c) 8 a.m.
d) 8.26 a.m.
18. Problems on Trains - Quiz
1. A train X starts from Meerut at 4 p.m. and reaches Ghaziabad at 5 p.m. while another train Y starts from Ghaziabad at 4 p.m. and reaches Meerut at 5.30 p.m. The two trains will cross each other at :
a) 4.36 p.m.
b) 4.42 p.m.
c) 4.48 p.m.
d) 4.50 p.m.
2. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
a) 120 m
b) 240 m
c) 300 m
d) None of these
19. Boats and Streams - Quiz
1. A man can row upstream at 8 kmph and downstream at 13 kmph. The speed of the stream is :
a) 2.5 km/hr
b) 4.2 km/hr
c) 5 km/hr
d) 10.5 km/hr
2. A man can row kmph in still water and finds that it takes him thrice as much time to row up than as to row down the same distance in the river. The speed of the current is :
20. Alligation or Mixture - Quiz
1. A dishonest milman professes to sell his milk at cost price but he mixes it with water and therby gains 25%. The percentage of water in the mixture is :
2. How many kilograms of sugar costing Rs. 9 per kg must be mixed with 27 kg of sugar costing Rs. 7 per kg so that there may be a gain of 10% by selling the mixture at Rs. 9.24 per kg ?
a) 36 kg
b) 42 kg
c) 54 kg
d) 63 kg
21. Simple Interest - Quiz
1. The difference between the simple interest received from two different sources on Rs. 1500 for 3 years is Rs. 13.50 The difference between their rates of interest is
2. A sum was put at simple interest at a certain rate for 2 years. Had it been put at 3% higher rate, it would have fetched Rs. 72 more. The sum is :
a) Rs. 1200
b) Rs. 1500
c) Rs. 1600
d) Rs. 1800
22. Compound Interest - Quiz
1. If a sum on compound interest becomes three times in 4 years, then with the same interest rate, the sum will become 27 times in :
a) 8 years
b) 12 years
c) 24 years
d) 36 years
2. The effective annual rate of interest corresponding to a nominal rate of 6^ per annum payable half-yearly is :
23. Logarithms - Quiz
1. If log10 2 = 0.3010, the value of log10 25 is :
2. 2 log10 5 + log10 8 - 1/2 log10 4 = ?
c) 2 + 2 log10 2
d) 4 - 4 log10 2
24. Area - Quiz
1. If the area of a rectangular plot increases by 30% while its breadth remains same. What will be the ratio of the areas of new and old igures?
a) 1 : 3
b) 3 : 1
c) 4 : 7
d) None of these
2. If a wire is bent into the shape of a square, then the area of the square is 81 sq. cm. When the wire is bent into a semi-circular shape, then the area of the semi-circle will be :
a) 22 cm2
b) 44 cmv
c) 77 cm2
d) 154 cm2
25. Volume and Surface Areas - Quiz
1. A hollow iron pipe is 21 cm long and its external diameter is 8 cm. If the thickness of the pipe is 1 cm and iron weighs 8 g/cm3 , then the weight of the pipe is :
a) 3.6 kg
b) 3.696 kg
c) 36 kg
d) 36.9 kg
2. An oiron cube of side 10 cm is hammered into a rectangula sheet of thickness 0.5 cm. If the sides of the sheet are in the ratio 1 : 5, the sides are :
a) 10 cm, 50 cm
b) 20 cm, 100 cm
c) 40 cm, 200 cm
d) None of these
26. Races and Games of Skill - Quiz
1. A runs times as fast as B. If A given B a start of 80 m, how far must the winning post be so that A and B might reach it at the same time ?
a) 200 m
b) 300 m
c) 270 m
d) 160 m
2. At a game of billiards, A can give B 15 points in 60 and A can give C 20 points 60. How many points can B give C in a game of 90 ?
a) 30 points
b) 20 points
c) 10 points
d) 12 points
27. Calendar - Quiz
1. January 1, 2007 was Monday. What day of the week lies on Jan. 1,2008 ?
2. On 8th Dec, 2007 Saturday falls. What day of the week was it on 8th Dec. 2006 ?
28. Clocks - Quiz
1. How much does a watch lose per day, if its hands coincide every 64 minutes ?
c) 90 min
d) 96 min.
2. At what time between 4 and 5 o clock will the hands of a watch point in opposite directions ?
a) 45 min, past 4
b) 40 min, past 4
c) min. past 4
d) min. past 4
29. Stocks and Shares - Quiz
1. Rs. 9800 are invested partly in 9% stock at 75 and 10% stock at 80 to have equal amount of incomes. The investment in 9% stock is :
a) Rs. 4800
b) Rs. 5000
c) Rs. 5400
d) Rs. 5600
2. A man buys Rs. 50 shares in a company which pays 10% dividend. If the man gets 12.5% on his investment, at what price did he buy the shares ?
a) Rs. 37.50
b) Rs. 40
c) Rs. 48
d) Rs. 125.25
30. Permutations and Combinations - Quiz
1. In how many different ways can the letters of the word MATHEMATICS be arranged so that the vowels always come together ?
d) None of these
2. A box contains 2 white balls, 3 black balls and 4 red balls. In how many ways can 3 balls be drawn from the box, if at least one black ball is to be included in the draw ?
31. Probability - Quiz
1. From a pack of 52 cards, one card is drawn at random. What is the probability that the card drawn is a ten or a spade ?
2. From a pack of 52 cards, two cards are drawn together at random. What is the probability of both the cards being kings ?
32. True Discount - Quiz
1. The true discount on Rs. 2562 due 4 months hence is Rs. 122. The rate percent is :
2. A man wants to sell his scooter. There are two offers, one at Rs. 12,000 cash and the other at a credit of Rs. 12,880 to be paid after 8 months, money being at 18% per annum. Which is the better offer ?
a) Rs. 12,000 in cash
b) Rs. 12,880 at credit
c) Both are equally good
33. Banker's Discount - Quiz
1. The bankers discount of a certain sum of money is Rs. 72 and the true discount on the same sum for the same time is Rs. 60. The sum due is :
a) Rs. 360
b) Rs. 432
c) Rs. 540
d) Rs. 1080
2. The bankers gain on a certain sum due years hence is 3/25 of the bankers discount. The rate percent is :
34. Heights and Distances - Quiz
1. An observer 1.6 m tall is 20√ 3 m away from a tower. The angle of elevation from his eye to the top of the tower is 300 . The height of the tower is :
a) 21.6 m
b) 23.2 m
c) 24.72 m
d) None of these
2. A maan on the top of a vertical observation tower observes a car moving at a uniform speed coming directly towards it, If it takes 12 minutes for the angle of depression to change from 300 to 450 , how soon after this will the car reach the observation tower ?
a) 14 min. 35 sec.
b) 15 min. 49 sec
c) 16 min. 23 sec
d) 18 min. 5 sec
35. Odd Man Out and Series - Quiz
1. 10, 26, 74, 218, 654, 1946, 5834
2. 19, 26, 33,46, 59, 74, 91
36. Tabulation - Quiz
37. Bar Graphs - Quiz
38. Pie Charts - Quiz
39. Line Graphs - Quiz