Just Exam provide question bank for Graduation Based Exams standard. Currently number of question's are 5043. We provide this data in all format (word, excel, pdf, sql, latex form with images) to institutes for conducting online test/ examinations. Here we are providing some demo contents.
Interested person may contact us at email@example.com
1. 287 × 287 + 269 × 269 -2 × 287 × 269 = ?
c) 354 d) 324 2. On multiplying a number by 7 , the product is a number each of whose digits is 3. The smallest such number is :
c) 48619 d) 47649
1. The greater number that exactly divides 105,1001 and 2436 is :
c) 11 d) 21 2. The largest four-digit number which when divided by 4,7 or 13 leaves a remainder of 3 in each case , is :
c) 9834 d) 9893
1. When 0.232323…….. Is converted into a fraction , then the result is :
c) 23/99 d) 23/100 2. Consider the following quotients : 1.368 .39 divided by 17 2 . 170.50 divided by 62 3 . 875 .65 divided by 83 . Their correct sequence in decreasing oder is :
c) 2,3,1 d) 3,1,2
1. A fires 5 shots to B`s 3 but A kills only once in 3 shots while B kills once in 2 shots. When B has missed 27 times, A has killed:
a) 30 birds
b) 60 birds
c) 72 birds d) 90 birds 2. 5004 ÷ 139 -6 = ?
c) 36 d) 42
1. The average of five consective odd numbers is 61. What is the difference between the highest and lowest numbers?
c) 8 d) Cannot be determined 2. The average of 50 numbers is 30. If two numbers, 35 and 40 are discarded, then the average of the remaining numbers is nearly :
c) 29.27 d) 29.68
1. A number consists of 3 digits whose sum is 10. The middle digit is equal to the sum of the other two and the number will be increased by 99 if its digits are reversed. The number is :
c) 370 d) 352 2. Two different natural numbers are such that their product is less than their sum. One of the numbers must be :
c) 3 d) None of these
1. Eighteen years ago, a father was three times as old as his son. Now the father is ony twice as old as his son. Then the sum of the present ages of the son and the father is :
c) 105 d) 108 2. Rajan got married years ago. His present age is 6/5 times his age at the time of his marriage. Rajans sister was 10 years younger to him at the time of his marriage. The age of Rajans sister is :
a) 32 years
b) 36 years
c) 38 years d) 40 years
1. The value of a machine depreciates at the rate of 10% every. It was purchased 3 years ago. If its present value is Rs. 8748, its purchase price was:
a) Rs. 10,000
b) Rs. 11,372
c) Rs. 12,000 d) Rs. 12,500 2. If the price of petrol is increased by 30%, by how much percent a car owner must reduce his consumption in order to maintain the same budget?
c) % d) 33%
1. A trader marked the selling price of an article at 10% above the cost price. At the time of selling, he allows certain discount and suffers a loss of 1%. He allowed a discount
c) 10.50% d) 11% 2. A dishonest dealer professes to sell his goods at cost price. But he uses a false weight and thus gains . For a kg, he uses a weight of :
a) 940 gms
b) 947 gms
c) 953 gms d) 960 gms
1. What least number must be subtracte from each of the numbers 14, 17, 34 and 42 so that the remainders may be proportional ?
c) 2 d) 7 2. If A : B = 5 : 7 and B : C = 6 : 11, then A : B : C is :
a) 55 : 77 : 66
b) 30 : 42 : 77
c) 11 : 49 : 42 d) None of these
1. A and B are partners in a business. A contributes 1/4 of the capital for 15 months and B received 2/3 of the profit. For how long Bs money was used ?
a) 6 months
b) 9 months
c) 10 months d) 1 year 2. X and Y invested in a business. They earned some profit which they divided in the ratio of 2 : 3. If X invested Rs. 40,000, the amount invested by Y is :
a) Rs. 45,000
b) Rs. 50,000
c) Rs. 60,000 d) Rs. 80,000
1. In a camp, there is a meal for 120 men of 200 children. If 150 children have taken the meal, how many men will be catered to with the remaining meal?
c) 40 d) 50 2. If 18 binders bind 900 books in 10 days, how many binders will be required to bind 660 books in 12 days?
c) 13 d) 11
1. A and B can together finish a work in 30 days. They worked together for 20 days and then B left. After another 20 days, A finished the remaining work. In how many days A alone can finish the job ?
c) 54 d) 60 2. A and B can separately do a piece of work in 20 and 15 days respectively. They worked together for 6 days, after which B was replaced by C. If the work was finished in next 4 days, then the number of days in which C alone could do the work will be :
c) 40 d) 60
1. There taps A, B and C can fill tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternately, the tank will be full in :
a) 6 hrs
c) 5 d) 2. Bucket P has thrice the capacity as bucket Q. It takes 60 turns for bucket P to fill the empty drum. How many turns it will take for both the buckets P and Q having each turn together to fill the empty drum?
c) 45 d) 90
1. A boy goes to his school from his hours at a speed of 3 km/hr and returns at a speed of 2 km / hr. If he takes 5 hours in going and coming, the distance between his house and school is :
a) 5 km
b) 5.5 km
c) 6 km d) 6.5 km 2. A, B and C are on a trip by a car. A drives during the first hour at an average speed of 50 Km / hr. B drives during the next 2 hours at an average speed of 48 Km / hr. C drives for the next 3 hours at an average of 52 Km / hr. They reached their destination after exactly 6 hours. Their mean speed was :
a) 50 km/hr
c) d) 52 km/hr
1. A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds and a platform 100 m long in 25 seconds. Its length is :
a) 50 m
b) 150 m
c) 200 m d) Data inadequate 2. A train 110 m long passes a man, running at 6 kmph in the direction opposite to that of the train, in 6 seconds. The speed of the train is :
a) 54 km/hr
b) 60 km/hr
c) 66 km/hr d) 72 km/hr
1. A man can row three-quarters of a kilometer against the stream in minutes. The speed (in km/hr) of the man in still water is :
c) 4 d) 5 2. A mans speed with the current is 15 km/hr and the speed of the current is 2.5 km/hr. The mans speed against the current is :
a) 8.5 km/hr
b) 9 km/hr
c) 10 km/hr d) 12.5 km/hr
1. A jar full of whisky contains 40% alcohol. A part of this whisky is replaced by another containing 19% alcohol and now the percentage of alcohol was found to be 25%. The quantity of whisky replaced is :
c) 2/5 d) 3/5 2. Two vessels A and B contain milk and water mixed in the ratio 8 : 5 and 5 : 2 respectively. The ratio in which these two mixtures be mixed to get a new mixture containing % milk, is :
a) 2 : 7
b) 3 : 5
c) 5 : 2 d) 5 : 7
1. At what rate percent per annum will the simple interest on a sum of money be 2/5 of the amount in 10 years ?
c) 6% d) % 2. A person takes a loan of Rs.200 at 5% simple interest. He returns Rs. 100 at the end of 1 year. In order to clear his dues at the end of 2 years, he would pay :
a) Rs. 105
b) Rs. 110
c) Rs.115 d) Rs. 115.50
1. Mr. Dua invested money in two schemes A and B offering compound interest @ 8 p.c.p.a. and 9 p.c.p.a. respectively. If the total amount of interest accrued through two schemes together in two years was Rs. 4818.30 and the total amount invested was Rs. 27,000, what was the amount invested in Scheme A ?
a) Rs. 12,000
b) Rs. 13,500
c) Rs. 15,000 d) Cannot be determined 2. The difference between simple interest and compound interest on Rs. 1200 for one year at 10% per annum reckoned half-yearly is :
a) Rs. 2.50
b) Rs. 3
c) Rs. 3.75 d) Rs 4
1. A circular park has a path of uniform width around it. The difference between outer and inner circumferences of the circular path is 132 m. Its width is :
a) 20 m
b) 21 m
c) 22 m d) 24 m 2. A can go round a circular path 8 times in 40 minutes. If the diameter of the circle is increased to 10 times the original diameter, then the time required by A to go round the new path once, travelling at the same speed as before is :
a) 20 min.
b) 25 min.
c) 50 min. d) 100 min.
1. A circular cylinder can hold 61.6 c.c. of water. If the height of the cylinder is 40 cm and the outer diameter is 16 mm, then the thickness of the material of the cylinder is :
a) 0.2 mm
b) 0.3 mm
c) 1 mm d) 2 mm 2. A solid cylindrical block of radius 12 cm and height 18 cm is mounted with a concial block of radius 12 cm and height 5 cm. The total lateral surface of the solid thus formed is :
a) 528 cm2
c) 1848 cm2 d) None of these
1. A and B take part in a 100 m race. A runs at 5 km per hour. A given B a start of 8 m and still beats him by 8 seconds. The speed of B is :
a) 5.15 kmph
b) 4.14 kmph
c) 4.25 kmph d) 4.4 kmph 2. In a game of 100 points, A can give B 20 points and C 28 points. Then, B can give C :
a) 8 points
b) 10 points
c) 14 points d) 40 points
1. Today is Monday. After 61 days, it will be
c) Tuesday d) thurdsay 2. On 8th Feb, 2005 it was Tuesday. What was the day of the week on 8th Feb, 2004 ?
c) Sunday d) Wednesday
1. At what time between 9 and 10 o clock will the hands of a watch be together?
a) 45 min, past 9
b) 50 min, past 9
c) min past 9 d) min, past 9 2. A watch which gains uniformly is 2 minutes low at noon on Monday and is 4 min. 48 sec fast at 2 p.m. on the following Monday. When was it correct ?
a) 2 pm. On Tuursday
b) 2 p.m. on Wednesday
c) 3 p.m. on Thursday d) 1 p.m. on Friday
1. A man buys Rs. 20 shares paying 9% dividend. The man wants to have an interest of 12% on his money. The market value of each share is :
a) Rs. 12
b) Rs. 15
c) Rs. 18 d) Rs. 52 2. To produce an annual income of Rs. 1200 from a 12% stock at 90, the amount of stock needed is :
a) Rs. 10,000
b) Rs. 10,800
c) Rs. 14,400 d) Rs. 9600
1. How many words can be formed by using all the letters of the word, ALLAHABAD ?
c) 7560 d) 2520 2. In how many different ways can the letters of the word MATHEMATICS be arranged so that the vowels always come together ?
c) 120960 d) None of these
1. Two dice are tossed. The probability that the total score is a prime number is :
c) 1/2 d) 7/9 2. In a class, there are 15 boys and 10 girls. Three students are selected at random. The probability that 1 girl and 2 boys are selected, is :
c) 1/50 d) 3/25
1. A man buys a watch for Rs. 1950 in cash and sells it for Rs. 2200 at a credit of 1 year. If the rate of interest is 10% per annum, the man :
a) gains Rs. 55
b) gains Rs. 50
c) loses Rs. 30 d) gains Rs. 30 2. The true discount on Rs. 1760 due after time at 12% per annum is Rs. 160. The time after which it is due is :
a) 6 months
b) 8 months
c) 9 months d) 10 months
1. The bankers gain on a sum due 3 years hence at 12% per annum is Rs. 270. The bankers discount is :
a) Rs. 960
b) Rs. 840
c) Rs. 1020 d) Rs. 760 2. The bankers discount of a certain sum of money is Rs. 72 and the true discount on the same sum for the same time is Rs. 60. The sum due is :
a) Rs. 360
b) Rs. 432
c) Rs. 540 d) Rs. 1080
1. The angle of elevation of the sun, when the length of the shadow of a tree is √ 3 times the height of the tree, is :
c) 600 d) 900 2. An observer 1.6 m tall is 20√ 3 m away from a tower. The angle of elevation from his eye to the top of the tower is 300 . The height of the tower is :
a) 21.6 m
b) 23.2 m
c) 24.72 m d) None of these