Class/Course - CA - CPC
Subject - General Economics
Total Number of Question/s - 3449
Just Exam provide question bank for CA - CPC standard. Currently number of question's are 3449. We provide this data in all format (word, excel, pdf, sql, latex form with images) to institutes for conducting online test/ examinations. Here we are providing some demo contents. Interested person may contact us at email@example.com
1. Theory of Demand - Quiz
1. A consumer spends Rs. 80 on purchasing a commodity when its price is Re. 1 per unit and spends Rs. 96 when the price is Rs. 2 per unit. Calculate the price elasticity of demand.
2. Law of demand is a ________
a) Quantitative Statement
b) Qualitative Statement
c) Both a & b
2. Theory of Consumer Behaviour - Quiz
1. From which of the following, the concept of consumer’s surplus has been derived?
a) From which of the following, the concept of consumer’s surplus has been derived?
b) Law of demand
c) Law of supply
d) Indifference curve analysis
2. Marginal utility approach was given by:
a) J.R. Hicks
b) Alfred Marshall
d) A.C. Pigou
3. Theory of Supply - Quiz
1. Increase or Decrease in supply means
a) Shift in supply curve
b) Movement along same supply curve
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) or (b)
2. Expansion in supply refers to a situation when the producers are willing to supply a:
a) Larger quantity of the commodity at an increased price
b) Larger quantity of the commodity due to increased taxation on that commodity
c) Larger quantity of the commodity at the same price
d) Larger quantity of the commodity at the decreased price
4. Theory of Production - Quiz
1. External Economies of scale are obtained by
a) A firm
b) A group of firm
c) Small Production
2. What will be the total product when two labourers are hired according to the table given Below.
No. of labourers Total Product Marginal Product 0
5. Theory of Cost - Quiz
1. The cost of resources owned and employed by the entrepreneur himself in his business is termed as ________ cost.
2. A firm will close down in the short period if its average revenue is less than its:
a) Average cost
b) Average variable cost
c) Marginal cost
d) Average fixed cost
6. Market - Quiz
1. In perfect competition, since the firm is a price taker, the _______ curve is a straight line:
a) Marginal cost
b) Total cost
c) Total revenue
d) Marginal revenue
2. Firms in a monopolistic market are price ________.
7. Determination of Price - Quiz
1. For maximum profit, the condition is:
2. If price is forced to stay below equilibrium price:
a) Excess supply exists
b) Excess demand exists
c) Either (a) or (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
8. Price and Output Determination - Quiz
1. The kinked demand cure is observed in :
a) Duopoly market
b) Monopoly market
c) Oligopoly market
d) Competitive market
2. Which market have characteristic of product differentiation?
a) Perfect Competition
c) Monopolistic Competition
9. Introduction to Microeconomics - Quiz
1. Which of these would cause a rightward shift of the PPC curve?
a) Improvement in technology
b) Greater capital formation
c) Increase in population
d) All of these
2. A capitalist economy uses _______ as the principal means of allocating resources
10. Money - Quiz
1. Measurement of value of all goods and services refers to which of the following functions of money?
a) Medium of Exchange
b) Unit of account
c) Standard of deferred payment
d) Store of value
2. M2 is defined as :
a) M1 + net time deposits
b) M1 + total deposit with post office
c) M1 + saving deposit with post office
d) Currency plus demand deposits in banks
11. Commercial Banks - Quiz
1. The number of branch offices of commercial banks in 2012 was (Modified):
2. Rural bank branches constitute _________ percent of total Bank branches in India in June 2006 (updated):
12. Reserve Bank of India - Quiz
1. The rate at which the RBI rediscounts the Bills of Commercial banks is known as.
a) Repo rate
b) Bank rate
2. An increase in money supply ______ in a nation’s Economy will decrease the following.
a) Open market purchase by the nation’s Central Bank
b) A deserve in the bank rate
c) A decrease in the reserve ratio
d) A decrease in the margin requirement.
13. Economic Reforms in India - Quiz
1. At present, licensing is compulsory for how many industries?
2. As a consequence of economic reforms, the MRTP Act, 1969 was replaced by the Competition Act in the year ______.
14. Liberalisation, Privatization and Disinvestment - Quiz
1. Under the strategic sale method, disinvestment price is fixed on---------.
a) Prevailing rate
b) Estimated rate
c) Pre-determined rate
d) Market based rate
2. Cross Holding is a method of _______
15. Globalization - Quiz
1. Organisation which does not facilitate the process of globalisation:
b) World Bank
c) Asian Bank
2. Where is secretariat office of WTO?
b) New York
c) New Delhi
16. Indian Economy - Quiz
1. Capital goods industries mean:
a) Machinery, machine tools etc
b) Iron & steel, cement, etc
c) Chemicals, rubber, plastics, etc
d) Watches, perfumes, etc
2. Which of these are responsible for measuring inequalities of income and wealth?
a) Gini index
c) Both (a) and (b)
17. Role of Different Sectors - Quiz
1. In which plan, maximum development took place in the industrial sector?
a) First Plan
b) Second Plan
c) Third Plan
d) Fourth Plan
2. Causes of Industrial sickness are:
a) Financial mismanagement
b) Demand Recession
c) Working Capital Shortage
d) All of the above
18. National Income - Quiz
1. The difference between the GDPMP and GNPMP is ________.
a) Net income
c) Net factor income from abroad
2. National Income doesn’t include :
a) Interest on unproductive national debt
b) Income for government expenditure
c) The payments by the household to firm for the purchase of goods and services
d) Undistributed profit
19. Tax System - Quiz
1. Income tax in India is ________ in nature:
a) Direct Progressive
b) Direct regressive
c) Direct digressive
d) Indirect progressive
2. When was Patent Infringement Act passed?
20. Population - Quiz
1. Census of population is done in India at an Interval of_____.
a) 5 years
b) 10 years
c) 15 years
d) None of the above.
2. Sex Ratio is measured in number of females per _______ males.
21. Poverty - Quiz
1. Which of the following Statements is correct.
a) The concept of absolute poverty is used for measuring poverty in India
b) The concept of relative poverty is more relevant for the less developed countries
c) The concept of Absolute poverty is more relevant for the developed countries
d) None of the above
2. The percentage of population living below the poverty line in India in 2004-05 was:
22. Unemployment - Quiz
1. You are a factory owner and have given employment to 400 workers if 10 workers are dismissed by you without loss of production then this situation will be described as.
a) Casual unemployment
b) Disguised unemployment
c) Structural unemployment
d) Seasonal unemployment
2. Occupational structure refers to:
a) Distribution of working force among the different occupations
b) The nature of different occupations
c) Size of working force in a country
d) Number of people living in a country
23. Infrastructrual Challenges - Quiz
1. On an average one Post Office in India serves.
a) 100 persons
b) 500 persons
c) 6,174 persons
d) 7,814 persons
2. The major user of commercial energy is:
24. Inflation - Quiz
1. Which measures are followed by the government for handling inflation?
a) Monetary measures
b) Fiscal measures
c) Controlling Investments
d) All of these
2. Which of the following groups suffers the most from inflation?
d) Holders of real assets
25. Budget and Fiscal Deficits - Quiz
1. _________ refers to public revenue, expenditure and allied matters
a) Fiscal policy
b) Monetary policy
c) Economic policy
d) None of these
2. The FFBM Act aims at reducing gross fiscal deficit by:
26. Balance of Payment - Quiz
1. Advance balance of payments can be corrected through
a) Devaluation of currency
b) Vigorous exports promotion
c) Import substitution
d) All of the above.
2. Invisible items are part of ________.
a) Balance of Trade Account
b) Balance of Payment Account
c) Official Reserve Account
d) Reserve Bank of India Account.
27. External Debt - Quiz
1. The Percentage of external debt towards GDP in 2012 was:
2. Economic development of a country cannot be achieved without _______.
a) Foreign aid
b) Profit making
c) Domestic savings
d) External borrowing.